Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Best pizza ever with a great beer

I occasionally like to publish restaurant reviews here and yesterday I had the best pizza of my life and felt that obliged to share it with the world. La Pizza in Helsingborg at Drottninggatan 124 sets as their goal to provide humanity with pizza that fills another purpose than merely being junk food.

If they succeed? I would definitely say so. They call all their pizzas gourmet-pizza and if gourmet food is available at the price of 85 SEK I'm all in!

My pizza with real Italian salsiccia, red onion, grilled artichoke and mushrooms was absolutely delicious. I've spent considerable time in Italy and as a big lover of pizza the number of pizzas I've eaten is remarkably high. This one beats 'em all!

La Pizza shows off with having won the Scandinavian championships in pizza-making. It is a title they well deserve!

The pizza-place is mainly for take-away and host only two small outside tables. There is though a really nice Italian restaurant next doors if one is in the mood for finer dining (read another of my posts). I brought my pizza a couple of hundred meters down to the esplanade by the shoreline. There I had one of the best spots for watching the sun-down in Helsingborg just opposing Hamlet's castle Kronborg in Helsingør.

The pizza was in good company with a Brewdog Zeitgeist. A good black lager made of organic goods by the controversial Scottish brewery Brewdog. Controversial in the sense that they recently brewed the strongest beer ever made and having as their marketing attitude to make beers that they don't care if anyone else like - as long as they like it themselves. The Zeitgeist is a very humanely priced beer, fairly full-bodied full with dark bread, chocolate and coffee flavours. The alcohol is quite low, measuring only 4,9% abv, and the sweetness goes hand in hand with that. The sweetness is thus not particularly high and gives a beer that can accompany a wide range of dishes without overpowering them.

All for now! Love pizza from La Pizza Helsingborg and enjoy it with a Zeitgeist Organic Black Lager from BrewDog!

Best regards
Lucas Spinnars
Helsingborg

No comments: